EFOY partner: Oneberry Technologies
General information about the situation
- High level security is required for an event with over 300,000 spectators in an arena with an immediate periphery totallng five square kilometers requiring short-term and temporary deployment of turn-key CCTV surveillance.
- Multiple entrances to the event raises the challenge to overall security and consequently, the complexity of the surveillance infrastructure.
- Crowd-flow-control requires provision of a secure entry and exit to and from the event.
- Traffic flow around the perimeter of the event requires real-time vehicle identification.
- Open platform integration to support video analytics such as facial recognition, license plate recognition and event based detection. -Information on the performance requirements for the fuel cell: Load: 60 W, cont.; 12 V for camera, Wi-Fi Router, controller device
Let us examine how such a complex task was successfully handled by ONEBERRY TECHNOLOGIES:
- 200 cameras, of which more than 25% are in self-contained energy-autonomous units which address the crucial problem involving off-grid power and blind spots.
- Security area is divided into several zones with each zone comprising of designated cameras and its temporary command center set up by ONEBERRY TECHNOLOGIES.
- All Cameras provide a live feed to the HQ Central Command where a dedicated team will view and incorporate necessary measures while simultaneously routing the feeds to a mobile Field Master Command Center on event. This establishes a more robust security system as the feeds are distributed to the temporary 7 zone Command Centers.
- Each zone temporary command center is fitted with 6 monitors for 2 officers on site.
- The fuel cell in combination with two M10 fuel cartridges provides reliable power for 16 days.
The Solution: EFOY Pro 1800
The EFOY Pro 1800, the latest fuel cell generation, is the ideal power supply solution for this application.
Which energy problems or challenges were addressed?
The solution provides mobile off-grid power around-the-clock as well as real time surveillance without any interruption. It is imperative that standalone systems are self-powered and independent and operates even under inclement weather as it is not reliant on solar energy and does not require the use of generator sets which are commonly associated with a higher risk of exposed cables, line distortion as well as harmful emission and higher noise levels.
Why was EFOY Pro selected?
EFOY Pro has been deployed for different applications locally for the client. The results from the test runs conducted have convinced the client to use EFOY Pro fuel cells due to their reliability, silence and compact design. In addition, EFOY Pro fuel cells are easy to operate and do not require any training before usage. Another salient advantage would be that it does not require much maintenance to ensure its smooth operation. In addition, it provides a clean and eco-friendly source of energy.
How many EFOYs used and were they combined with any other alternative power sources?
Since 2010, we they used more than 600 EFOY fuel cells for over 5000 deployments to power off-grid surveillance systems in Singapore. Each deployment boasts total reliability and maximum autonomy.
What are the benefits of using the EFOY in the application?
The client distinguishes themselves from others as they are able to provide a more efficient and autonomous source of power which is 100% reliable and is essential in maximising data availability. EFOY Pro is also able to operate autonomously for several weeks, translating to reduced site visits for staff and uninterrupted security measures put in place for clients around the clock. EFOY Pro allows them to provide security surveillance even in remote areas which do not have access to grid power. Our surveillance units are able to provide live streams and feeds to the command centre in less than 3 hours upon deployment. There has yet to be another security solution at present which can match this.
To read more about this project please visit the EFOY PRO website